Mon - Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm | Fri: 9:00am - 4:00pm

Adult Services

Many services for adults with developmental disabilities are funded through the Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities and accessed through Independent Service Coordination (ISC) agencies. These are also known as Pre-Admission Screening (PAS) agencies. Independent Service Coordinators or Pre-Admission Screening agents determine eligibility for services for adults with developmental disabilities. Individuals interested in services available through the Division of Developmental Disabilities must contact their ISC and ask to complete a  Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services or PUNS Form. This form is completed by interview and is the document that enters an individual into the system of services for prioritization and eligibility. Additional information about the PUNS form and process is available on the IL DHS DDD website at here. Once an individual is selected from the PUNS database, eligibility is determined, and if that person is found to be eligible, referrals are made to the appropriate Service Providers.

To find your local ISC, click here.

The Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) also provides funding for services to support individuals with developmental disabilities. Vocational, independent living, and home services programs are among the services funded by DRS. For further information on DRS and the services they provide, please click here.

Adult Services
Adult Services – Main Page
Social Security – Where to Apply
Medicaid – Where to Apply
DHS – Division of Developmental Disabilities
Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
Family Community Resource Centers – The “one-stop” center for cash and medical assistance, food stamps, and job services
Advocacy Toolbox – Main Page