Date(s) - 09/12/2019
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
A G E N D A
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. – Registration
8:30 – 8:45 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions:
- Meg Cooch, Executive Director, The Arc of Illinois
- Faye Manaster, Project Director, Family to Family Health Information Center/Family Voices of Illinois
8:45 – 10:15 a.m. – “Understanding SSI, SSDI, Medicare and Medicaid” presented by Sherri Schneider, Family Benefit Solutions
10:15 – 10:30 a.m. – Break
10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – “Spotlight on Family Advocacy and Leadership: Panel Discussion” presented by Kimberly Haynes, Tila Mims and Claudia Partida
11:15 a.m. – Noon – “Update on Class Action Lawsuits and Children with Special Needs” presented by Robert H. Farley, Jr., Attorney at Law
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch – If you need a vegetarian meal or have any other special needs for lunch, please indicate on the registration form.
CHOOSE FROM TWO SESSIONS:
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – “Partner, Help, Connect – UIC’s Division of Specialized Care for Children” presented by Tom Jerkovitz, Executive Director and Molly Hoffman, Associate Director of Care Coordination, DSCC – FOREST BALLROOM
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – “Family to Family – Brainstorming Ideas to Improve Healthcare Experiences for Individuals with I/DD” presented by Lally Daley Hotchkiss and Katie Hench, Co-founders of Infiniteach – EVERGREEN BALLROOM
2:00 – 2:15 p.m. – Break
2:15 – 2:45 p.m. – “Navigating Your Options for Health Coverage” presented by Kristin Hartsaw, Director of Training and Technical Assistance, DuPage Federation on Human Services Reform
2:45 – 3:30 p.m. – “Illinois Medicaid Update” presented by John Spears
3:30 p.m. – Adjourn
- 5 CEUs will be offered for this training for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Nursing Home Administrators, and QIDPs.
- Cancellations & Refunds: Participants canceling their registration 72 hours in advance will be entitled to a credit or refund, less a $50 administrative cost. No refund or credit will be given for cancellation less than 72 hours before the event.
Scholarships and Family Stipends
We have two options for family/self-advocate stipends for this event. (Stipends are not available for professionals receiving CEUs).
- F2F stipends are available for families and youth up to age 21 with any type of special needs, disability, and/or chronic illness. Call 866.931.1110 to apply for this option.
- The Arc of Illinois Consumer Stipends are available for parents of adult children over age 21 with developmental disabilities only. Call 815.464.1832 to apply for this option.
For complete information and registration, please go to: https://thearcofillinois.salsalabs.org/HealthCare2018copy1/index.html
5000 W. 127th St.
Alsip, IL 60803