Date(s) - 03/13/2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Heartland Community College
Presented by Patrick Schwarz!
Intended Audience: Administrators, ECSE Educators, General Educators, Teacher Assistants, Family Members, Family Educators, Psychologists, Social Workers, SLP’s, OT/PT’s
Considering the fascinations, passions and interest areas of learners, powerful new ways of viewing these areas as positive teaching tools that calm, motivate, and improve learning will be illustrated. Using authentic student examples, participants will discover how to make the most of fascinations, passions, and interest areas to help learners they support. Areas included will be learning standards-based academic content; developing social connections; minimizing anxiety; boosting literacy learning and mathematics skills; expanding communication skills; and much more!
Continuing Education – This training will provide 5 contact hours for the following:
- Educator License Renewal
- CDA (Child Development Associate) credit in area(s) 3
- CE credit for SLP, SW, LCPC, PT, and OT professionals
- Gateways to Opportunity credit in area E (Org. ID# B40093)
- Partial EI Credit (3.0 hours) in the area of Intervention
Full attendance is required to receive a certificate.
- Patrick Schwarz
- Dr. Patrick Schwarz is a dynamic and engaging professor, author, motivational speaker, and leader in Education (Inclusive Education, Special Education, General Education, Educational Leadership) and Human Services. He is the CEO of Creative Culture Consulting LLC and Professor Emeritus at National Louis University, Chicago. He is the author of From Disability to Possibility™, You’re Welcome (with Dr. Paula Kluth), Just Give Him the Whale (with Dr. Paula Kluth), and Pedro’s Whale (with Dr. Paula Kluth). His latest book is From Possibility to Success.
Venue: Heartland Community College