Date(s) - 04/20/2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
From The Arc of Illinois –
Planning for the Future for Children and Adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities 4-20-18
What You Need to Know about Special Needs Estate & Future Planning and Government Benefits!
5220 S. 6th Street Rd., Suite 2500
Springfield, IL 62703
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Registration and Coffee
9:00 – 9:05 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions
9:05 – 10:20 a.m. – Government Benefits, presented by Sherri Schneider
♥ The who, what, where, when, why and how of Government Benefits, including SSI, SSDI, Medicaid and Medicare
10:20 – 10:30 a.m. – Break
10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Special Needs Estate & Future Planning presented by: Brian Rubin and Benjamin Rubin
♥ The who, what, where, when, why and how of:
- Special Needs Estate Planning including: types of and appropriate uses of Special Needs Trusts, Gifting by Grandparents and extended family members, the impact of divorce and child support on government benefits, determining the appropriate amount to leave;
- Children’s Waiver for children under 18;
- Guardianships and Alternatives;
- Planning for when school years are over, when the bus stops coming and navigating the maze of Adult Services (Adult Waiver, In-Home, Residential, Supported Employment, Sheltered Employment, Developmental Training);
- The impact of the Ligas Class Action Law Suit and Affordable Care Act;
- The new “ABLE” Account;
- Providing guidance, education and information for the “Future Team”;
- The “sibling” perspective.
12:15 – 12:30 p.m. – Questions and Answers