Date(s) - 06/25/2019
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
The Arc of Illinois Summer Events – Supported Employment Action Team (SEAT) and Know Your Options
Join us this summer for one of our many trainings offered at multiple locations.
Supported Employment Action Team
Speak Up to Get the Job You Want
The goal of the training is to engage with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families around the supported employment process in Illinois to help more people get the jobs they want.
Trainings will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the following:
- June 25: DoubleTree Hotel, 5000 W. 127th St, Alsip, IL
- July 24: Rockford Mass Transit District’s East Side Transfer Center Community Room, 725 N. Lyford Road, Rockford, IL
- July 30: Kroc Center, 405 Vermont St, b
- August 15: United Presbyterian Church, 2400 W. Northmoor Road, Peoria, IL
- Date to be coming for Carbondale, IL
Fore more details and to register, visit our website.
Trainings are FREE and include lunch.
Consumer and family travel stipends are available.
For more information, contact Meg Cooch.
Training Participants Will:
- Learn about the SEAT Project
- Understand how to get started with supported employment
- Learn how to navigate the employment support that are offered by the Divisions of Developmental Disabilities and Rehabilitation Services
- Understand how to get involved in legislative advocacy
The SEAT Project is funded by the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities.