|Life Span Consumer Performance Targets
- Project must promote productivity, independence, integration and inclusion of people with developmental disabilities.
- The system must be for people with developmental disabilities of all ages, and their families.
- The system must help people get general information and connect to advocacy services throughout their lives.
- The system will not replace the work of Independent Service Coordination Agencies!
- The system is not a watchdog group or a grievance mechanism for problems with advocacy services already in place.
- The Illinois Life Span Project is the state’s centralized information and referral resource for people with developmental disabilities, their family members and professionals in the field.
- Internal evaluation (quality measure of the system) response time, timely follow-up
- Verification of individual consumer results
- System change through the use of data collected
– Feedback to individual referral sources
– Evaluating and impacting larger system issues
(Service gaps and/or advocacy gaps)
- Learned to identify need(s) that they felt was not being met.
- Explored advocacy service options available to themselves and their family members.
- Selected advocacy service(s) they wanted to know more about.
- Contacted selected advocacy service(s) and found out more information.
- Choose the advocacy service(s) that they wanted and used it.
- The advocacy service(s) they used is meeting the need(s) that they had identified when first contacting Illinois Life Span.
- Single point of contact to begin advocacy services search
- Statewide advocacy services system coordination
- Build bridges to other advocacy groups
- Bring self advocates, family members, and other consumers to the table
- Involve other units of government
- Advocacy on the web and online
- Build central registry of advocacy services in database, online, and in print
- Project marketing raises public awareness about advocacy issues and services
- Identify service gaps thru data collection
- Document needs for expanded services and new services
- Recommend service expansion(s) and/or creation
- Potential new advocacy services, supports, and resources