Mon - Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm | Fri: 9:00am - 4:00pm

Medicaid: Where to Apply

Medicaid funds many services. With the new Children’s Waiver for Home-based Support Services Program, Medicaid funds services for children as well. Medicaid eligibility does not guarantee eligibility for children’s services, but it pays for services if the child is determined to be eligible  by the Independent Service Coordination Agency or ISC.

From the Illinois Healthcare & Family Services website:

“To apply for medical assistance, visit the nearest Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) office. Staff will help you submit an application. You can also apply online for SNAP (food stamps), Medical and Cash Benefits through Illinois Web Benefits.

If you are unable to go to a DHS office because of health reasons, you may call and ask that an application be mailed to you. After you complete and return the application, the DHS staff will arrange an interview by telephone. Human Services offices in your area or you may call DHS at 1-800-843-6154, TTY 1-800-447-6404.”

Children’s Services
Children’s Services – Main Page
Social Security

DHS – Division of Developmental Disabilities
Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
Family Community Resource Centers – The “one-stop” center for cash and medical assistance, food stamps, and job services
Advocacy Toolbox – Main Page